Valves are widely used in various industries. Some valves in harsh working environments are prone to problems. Because valves are important equipment, especially for some large valves, it is very troublesome to repair or replace them in case of problems. Therefore, it is particularly important to do the daily maintenance and repair of industrial valve. Let’s learn some little knowledge about the maintenance of industrial valve.
1. The valve shall be stored in a dry and ventilated room, and both ends of the passage must be blocked.
2. Industrial valve stored for a long time shall be inspected regularly, removed dirt, and antirust oil shall be coated on the processing surface.
3. After installation, regular inspection shall be carried out. The main inspection items are as follows.
(1) Wear condition of sealing surface.
(2) Wear condition of trapezoidal threads of valve stem and valve stem nut.
(3) Whether the stuffing is outdated and invalid. If it is damaged, it shall be replaced in time.
(4) After the valve is repaired and assembled, the sealing performance test shall be carried out.
The professional maintenance of valves before and after welding operation plays a vital role in serving the valve in production and operation. Proper and orderly and effective maintenance will protect the valve, make the industrial valve function normally and prolong the service life of the valve. The maintenance of industrial valve seems simple, but it is not. There are often neglected aspects during working.
1. The problem of grease injection quantity is often ignored when greasing industrial valve
After the grease gun is oiled, the operator selects the industrial valve and grease injection connection mode, and then carries out the grease injection operation. There are two situations. On the one hand, the amount of grease injection is small and the grease injection is insufficient, and the wear of the sealing surface is accelerated due to the lack of lubricant. On the other hand, excessive grease injection causes waste. The reason is that the sealing capacity of different valves is not accurately calculated according to the valve type and category. The sealing capacity can be calculated according to the valve size and type, and then a reasonable amount of grease can be injected.
2. The pressure problem is often ignored when greasing industrial valve
During the greasing operation, the greasing pressure changes regularly in peak and valley. The pressure is too low, the seal leaks or fails. The pressure is too high, the grease injection port is blocked, the grease in the seal is hardened, or the sealing ring is locked with the valve ball and valve plate. Usually, when the grease injection pressure is too low, the injected grease mostly flows into the bottom of the valve cavity, which usually occurs in small gate valves. If the grease injection pressure is too high, on the one hand, check the grease injection nozzle. If the grease hole is blocked, find out the situation and replace it. On the other hand, for lipid sclerosis, use cleaning fluid to repeatedly soften the invalid sealing grease and inject new grease for replacement. In addition, the sealing model and sealing material also affect the grease injection pressure. Different sealing forms have different grease injection pressure. Generally, the grease injection pressure of hard seal is higher than that of soft seal.
Doing the above work well is believed to be very helpful for prolonging the service life of industrial valve and reducing losses.