Manual ball valve, three-piece ball valve and gate valve are the same type of valve, the difference is that its closing part is a sphere. A valve in which the ball rotates around the centerline of the valve body to open and close. The ball valve is mainly used to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. The three-piece ball valve is a new type of valve that has been widely used in recent years. This type of valve should generally be installed horizontally in the pipeline.
The working principle of the manual ball valve is to make the valve unblocked or blocked by rotating the valve core. The ball valve switch is light, small in size, and can be made into a large diameter, reliable in sealing, simple in structure and convenient in maintenance. The sealing surface and the spherical surface are often in a closed state and are not easily eroded by the medium, and are widely used in various industries.
(1) In the closed position, the ball is pressed against the valve seat by the mechanical pressure of the valve stem.
(2) When the handwheel is turned counterclockwise, the ball valve stem moves in the opposite direction, and the angular plane at the bottom makes the ball disengage from the valve seat.
(3) The valve stem continues to lift and interacts with the guide pin in the helical groove of the valve stem, so that the ball begins to rotate without friction.
(4) Until it reaches the fully open position, the valve stem is lifted to the limit position, and the ball rotates to the fully open position.
(1) When closing, rotate the handwheel clockwise, the valve stem of the manual ball valve begins to descend and the ball leaves the valve seat and starts to rotate.
(2) Continue to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem is acted by the guide pin embedded in the upper spiral groove, so that the valve stem and the ball rotated 90° at the same time.
(3) When it is about to close, the ball has rotated 90° without contacting the valve seat.
(4) When the handwheel rotates for the last few turns, the angular plane at the bottom of the valve stem of the manual ball valve is mechanically wedged to press the ball, so that it is tightly pressed on the valve seat to achieve complete sealing.
The above is the general content of the opening and closing process of the manual ball valve. Please contact us for more details.