Plug valves are rotary valves with plunger-shaped closing parts, which are connected or separated from the port on the valve body by rotating 90 degrees so that the port on the plug can be opened or closed.
1. They have simple designs with few parts.
2. They can be opened and closed fastly.
3. They can be repaired on-site.
4. They can provide minimal flow resistance.
5. They can provide reliable sealing services. In addition to using the wedge effect of the tapered plug, the seal can also be maintained by injecting sealant or replacing the sleeve.
6. Their multi-channel design helps to reduce the number of valves required and allows for changes in the flow direction.
As mentioned before, plug valves have been used in many different fluid applications, and they perform well in slurry applications. They are mainly used as on-off globe valves for bubble sealing applications. The wiping function of the stopper does not allow the accumulation of suspended particles and the formation of fouling. The following are some typical applications of plug valves:
1. Air, gas and steam services
2. Natural gas pipeline system
3. Coal slurry, ore, mud and sewage treatment
4. Oil pipeline system
5. Vacuum high-pressure application